Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Fabric

When my mom offered to make me a quilt, I jumped at the opportunity.  I picked out some fabric from fabricworm.com.  They arrange bundles of fabric and this is the bundle I chose.  I love it.

My goal is to use every scrap.  We've made a quilt for me, a blanket to lay on the couch for Charlie, a runner for my hutch and a pillow cover.  I love this fabric.


I especially love this brown pattern.


But this yellow one is my favorite.


found via pinterest
found via pinterest.  click for link.

I have some ideas for putting these scraps to good use.  I have some small canvases that I could use for the idea on the left and I have a straw wreath that definitely needs some love.  Too many ideas, not enough time!

6 comments:

  1. I'm wondering did you ever finish the scrap and canvas project project? If so, how did it turn out?? Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer, I never did the scrap and canvas project. As I started planning it I realized that I wasn't really in love with the idea. It was a little too disorganized for my taste and I wasn't sure I could make it look right. I still love the idea, it's just not for me. -Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the teal patterns that you found! Can your mom make me a quilt too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like the fabrics. The quilt turned out wonderfully. And as far as I know, my mom's not taking quilt orders...but I'll see what I can do ;) -Virginia

      Delete
    2. Have you posted any pictures of the finished quilt? I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
    3. No I haven't yet, but I definitely need to! The challenge is figuring out how to photograph it and do it justice! I'll let you know when I post it! -Ginner

      Delete