Friday, July 1, 2011

THE Blue Lamp

I recently purchased this lamp.

But I didn't have to pay $40 for it at any target store.  Nope.  I got it at goodwill for $9.30.  It didn't come with a shade, but I'm confident I can find one for a relatively low price.  I loved this lamp when I saw the commercials and now it's all mine!

The top of the lamp is cracked....

and the blue on the base is chipped.

But when it's turned the right way you can't even see it.  I'm in love.

I found this lamp shade at target for $7.  It might be a little too big, but I don't mind.  I'm not sure about rules for lamp and shade proportions, but I like it.

I'll tell you what, with the top of the lamp being cracked, it was not easy to get the shade on.  It took about 20 minutes and several pieces of duct tape.  And still, every time I walk through the room I have to go straighten it.  Oh well.  I got a $40 lamp (plus whatever it would have cost for a nice shade) for $17.  I'll take it.  

1 comment:

  1. That not only was a great deal but looks so pretty. Shade is perfect. I love finding bargains. Some of the furniture bargains I bought while in my 20's I still have today...and still use!