Friday, June 3, 2011

A Trial Run

I was inspired by A Little Hut blog.  After searching that site for about 10 minutes, I just had to do something.  I wanted to test out the Silhouette software and cutting my own design.  I started with the essentials: a rule, paper, pencil, sharpie and the iPad for entertainment (I'm also counting Camo as essential to my creative process).

I started looking for inspiration in my doodle book.

Yes, I did this.  Yes, I was in class.  No, this is not my inspiration.

Dear Lincoln, I promise I pay attention during PDs.  I have found that I pay better attention when I keep my hands busy.  I know, it sounds bogus, but it's true.

Oh hey look, inspiration!

It makes me sad that there are so many empty pages.

Anyway, back to the project.  Step 1: draw the design.
Disclaimer: I am not in love with this.  I have certainly done better, but hey, it's a test run.  I'm over it.

Step 2: Outline with a sharpie

Step 3: Open in silhouette software, use tracer to make cutting lines, size and go!

Step 4: Cut out, glue and viola!
Disclaimer: Once again, I am not in love with this.  But I am very excited that I was able to turn my design into a Silhouette project.

This is my idea for the next project.  Notice all the mistakes and all the ugly, ugly designs.  Let's just pretend they aren't there.

1 comment:

  1. How do you do that anyway? Love your designs and doodles. What a really cute picture of Cam. See you soon!