Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blogs I check daily

People used to wake up each day and read the newspaper. Forget that. My daily routine is to come home, get a cold glass of water and catch up on my favorite blogs. Here are some of my favorites that I check daily.

Young House Love: Joh and Sheri are a married couple making a living from their blog and they post daily about design projects. They just moved into a new house and are in the process of redoing it. Aside from having awesome advice and beautiful projects, they have great personalities. They keep it real. They share the mistakes as well as the triumphs. This is definitely in my top 3.

How About Orange: Jessice is a designer who posts projects of her own, design inspirations, games and links daily on her blog. Her favorite color is orange, hence the name of the blog. I emailed her with a question once and assumed I wouldn't hear back for weeks since she must be so busy. I heard back the next day and she couldn't have been nicer!

I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar: Cheri, a mom/designer/photographer, has a delightful blog; Wake Up Wednesday posts challenge you to get off your butt and do something, while Sunshine Sunday challenges you to look for the blessings in your life. Along the way she posts do it yourself projects and tips. She has a great eye for design and her projects are was to follow!

One Pretty Thing: This blog is basically a summary of all blogs. They post daily roundups of projects from many different blogs, all conveniently located on one page. You can easily scan through the page and get great ideas. Sometimes the roundups have a theme, like "Teacher Appreciation" or "Earth Day." Other times the post is just a "Daily DIY" roundup. This is a great way to connect to new blogs or just find new projects.

The list could go on and on. My favorite folder in Google Chrome is packed full and continues to grow every week. If you have any blogs you read daily, feel free to share!


- Posted from my iPad (which is why there a tons of typos)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.yellowbrickhome.com/

    This blog is amazing and I think you'll really like it! :) Just wanted to share one that I check daily. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete