Friday, January 21, 2011

Planning, EEK!

Esther and I are taking a trip to Boston. We are going to be gone over my Easter break.



I'm having flash backs to our vacations when I was little. I remember seeing mom and dad, with maps all over the table, discussing where we were going to go and how we were going to get there. I remember highlighters and pens marking the destinations and routes. I remember taking trips to AAA to get bochures. I also remember beng completely bored with the whole process. I was a kid and all I cared about was where we were going, when we were going and how long it would take to get there.

Now that I'm planning my own trip, I am glad I don't have to rely on maps and brochures, and thats not just because I could get lost in my own apartment. I've spent several hours figuring out what we should do in Boston. I arrived home today to find a guide book of new England tours waiting at my door (thank you Esther). Every minute I spent researching this trip included the internet, google maps and good, ol fashion paper and pen.

I could not have planned this trip without the Internet. I cant imagine having to rely on a map to get you where you need to go. I plan on being attached to our GPS.

But I will tell you this. All this planning has made me anxious for our trip. And though we still have a lot of details to work out, I know it's going to be amazing.



- Posted from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment