Sunday, January 2, 2011

Just for me

I have been doing a lot of projects for other people on my Silhouette machine.  I enjoy making things for others and the anticipation of know if they will like it.  Another reason I was making things for other people was because I had no idea what to make for myself.  Then I had an epiphany!




I took this photo of Charlie the other day when I was home.  I had wanted her to look at me, but she decided to look elsewhere, go figure.   Turns out this was just what I needed.




With a little help from Photoshop (ok, a lot) I turned the photo into a silhouette.  I like that you can see how scruffy she is.  You can even see her fu-manchu.  I never could have cut this out by myself, so it's a good thing I didn't have too.



I started by picking my papers.  The paper at the top with the leaves is my favorite paper.  I have been saving it for a special project because I only have a few sheets.

But, alas, it was not to be.  My machine and I were not communicating well.  The silhouette killed my dreams and ruined my paper.  Oh well, I'm over it.




The finished project.  I love how it turned out.  It wasn't exactly how I planned, but I like this better.  You can clearly see my pooch and the quote.

Now I just need to decide where to hang it...


Since writing the above, I have decided to make a change.  At first, I liked the letters without the insides. Not anymore.  I've been staring at it all night and I hate it.  So here is the real finished product:


Much better, if I do say so myself.

3 comments:

  1. I like the incomplete look- but overall, this project ROX! well done! and thanks to pinterest, I found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia,
    I found your website through Pinterest and I love it :)

    I was wondering if you could tell me what you use to print out your hipstamatic prints. Do you use a company to print them out for you or do you print them out using your printer? Just curious :)

    Thank you,
    Annelise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annelise, I printed my hipsta photos using the app on my phone. I believe you can also print them via their website, but I'm not positive on that. The quality is incredible. I had no clue my phone would be able to take such wonderful photos! They are definitely worth the money!
    -Virginia

    ReplyDelete