Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another one just for me.

A few posts ago, I told you about my favorite patterned paper.  It is the one on the top right in this picture.  This patterned paper is my favorite paper.  I love the colors, I love the pattern and I love the contrast.  

I have discovered, through much trial and error, that it does not work in many of my designs.  It doesn't work as a backdrop because many things can get lost in this pattern.  It does not work as the top layer with the details, because the details get lost.  The colors are too bright, the background is too dark and the pattern is too small.  Nonetheless, this is my favorite. 

So I decided to make another project just for me and just for this pattern.  This is an 8x8 frame that I had around the apartment that wasn't in use.  I put it to good use by using it to display my favorite paper.

Now I get to enjoy it everyday and I'm totally fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment