Thursday, December 30, 2010

Say hello to my little friend

I got the most wonderful gift for Christmas this year.  It's called a Silhouette Machine.  It is a cutting machine that will cut different shapes/letters/you name it. 


Charlie does not like said machine because it takes the attention away from her.  She also does not like it because, when she brings her tennis ball and drops it at my feet, I ignore it.


It comes with a computer program where you line everything up and create the designs.  I have been using Grandma's old computer for the program and my iPad so that I can watch tv while I work.  It's a pretty snazzy set up.


All you have to do is line up the paper once you have created your design and press "cut the page."  The little blad moves side to side, while the paper/mat moves back and forth.


Dad thought it was so interesting that he even took his glasses off to watch.  And if you know my dad at all, you know that means he is taking a much closer look.


The end result is pretty amazing.  Each letter is cut individually.  The detail is incredible.  Each letter you see here is about 3/4 of an inch.  Unfortunately, I didn't bring home any of the other tools I need to put it all together, so I guess I'll just have to wait until I go back to York.

No comments:

Post a Comment