Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The best thing I've ever done

My old morning routine was get up, take a sleepy shower, get dressed, dig out money for lunch and head to school.  It wasn't a horrible routine, but it wasn't great either.  I used to wake up at 5:40 and leave at 6:40. 

I've turned over a new leaf.  Now I do almost everything the night before.  I pack lunch, pick out clothes for the next day and shower.  From the time I roll out of bed until the time I start the car, it now takes 25 minutes to get ready.  And that includes taking Charlie out.

All the credit goes to Charlie.  When she started treating my carpet like grass, I had to crate her again.  Her crate became the perfect place to put my clothes for the next day.  



Actually, this picture is pretty old.  I now lay out two days worth of clothes at once.  It only takes me 3 minutes to pick out clothes the night before, but in the morning it takes about 10.  At first I thought it wouldn't work because I'm a girl and girls are indecisive about clothing.  I figured I would wake up and hate what I had picked the night before.  But I am proud to report that has only happened a few times.

By the way, you like my shoes?  Yeah, me too.  I got them for school this year.  They are sweet and I am in love with them.  They are also so very comfortable.

In a completely unrelated topic, I love kids.  One of my first graders came up to me in the middle of the tag game and said "Your glasses are pretty."  I don't know what possessed him to say it today, I've been wearing these since the first day of school.  Whatever the reason, it was a very nice thing to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment