Monday, February 8, 2010

The Snow

I love the snow. I love everything about it. I especially love 2 hour delays...even when I wake up at 7am thinking I'm late, fly out of bed, then spend 40 minutes trying to fall back asleep until I really need to get up.

Charlie likes the snow, too. She likes to eat it and she likes to pee on it. Last night I arrived back at my apartment to mounds and mounds of snow. Being in the "city" makes me realize that there really isn't anywhere to put it except...up. All you can do is keep piling it up. Since the snow is deeper than Charlie, I decided I'd better dig her a place to go out.

I refused to drive to walmart last night - that is just too long of a drive in this weather. Even if I only go there for one thing it takes me an hour to get home again. So after going to 4 other places I finally went to Giant (I should have gone there first). I got myself a shovel and dug out a place for Charlie to go.

This morning I woke up to Charlie barking at the plow. I can't blame her for barking, he plowed over her toilet. He pushed all the snow right into it. Oh well. Another 10 minutes of hard labor is good for the body.

I've decided today that when I get home I'm going to dig a nice big space in front of my apartment and then when Charlie and I are inside I'm going to close it off. That way she can play in the snow and I don't have to worry about her escaping.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'll take my camera out so you can see how deep the snow is. IT IS AWESOME. We are supposed to get another foot on Wednesday. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment