Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Sun

The days of winter are very short. I wake up and take Charlie out before the sun rises, get in the car before the sun rises, drive to work before the sun rises, and then arrive at work before the sun rises.

If I am teaching Phys. Ed. that day I spend the whole school day in a room with no windows. I leave at 3:30 and by 5:30 the sun is gone. 2 hours of sun everyday. It's not nearly enough.

Sunday and Saturday are my only 2 days to fully enjoy the sun. I open all the blinds and leave every light off. While that helps my electric bill, the real reason I do it is because I love the sun. I love the warmth and the light. Charlie loves it too. She sits in the window sill and starts panting because the sun is so warm.

I love these days. Just getting to sit and enjoy the sun. I like doing my projects by the light of the beautiful sun instead of trying to see the slightest details with the horrible lighting in my apartment.

So now I'm going to go, and I'm going to enjoy the last few hours of the beautiful sunlight I get today.

No comments:

Post a Comment