Friday, June 5, 2009

Am I Dreaming?

I woke up from a long nap this evening and couldn't really decide whether it was all real. The end of the school day had been so chaotic that when I woke up I couldn't figure out if it had all really happened.

My school closed early today. Our original end date is next friday, but today at around 2:30 we got the announcement that this would be our last day. Because of all the illnessess going around and the increase in students getting sick, our school decided that the best thing to do would be to close early. It was the best deicision to make for the safety of the students and the staff.

Ok, all seriousness aside - I'M SO EXCITED! We are going in on Monday and Tuesday to clean up and finish grades, but other than that - I am done! I have done it! I have finished my first job. It's hard to believe that I've been working there 5 months. It really has gone very fast, but it has still been exhausting and tiring. It's nice to have an early summer.

It's also nice that I'll be done wearing gym clothes for a long time. In fact, today a student asked me "Ms. Saint, why do you always wear those pants?" And I thought "because I don't have anything else" but I didn't say that. What good timing - they asked me that on our last day! I won't have to wear those pants all summer!

This is just wonderful. It's also wonderful because now I will be able to attend the entire Saint Family Reunion. Considering the fact that I will no longer be teaching students my summer has officially begun!!

I did it! What a sense of accomplishment to know that I stuck with it and finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment