Friday, May 15, 2009

Melissa's Visit

Melissa came to visit last weekend and we had a blast. So I made sure to prep my camera for any photo ops - and of course all the pictures I ended up with are of Charlie. She's so darn cute that it's hard to resist. Plus, she has just been groomed and she looks awesome.

In fact, she lost 3 lbs. I think that was all the hair. I took her to the vet before she was groomed and she weighed 19.9 lbs. We went last night and she only weighed 17.5 lbs. Way to go Charlie. But she does hate the vet. As soon as I shut the door to the room she peed on the floor. And then when the doctor came in she wouldn't even go near her. I don't know how I'm ever going to take my kid to the doctor - it's hard enough taking Charlie.

I'm getting off track. Charlie has been spending a lot of time on the balcony. She loves to watch the other dogs and the kids play around outside. Sometimes she even takes her toys out there - and then she drops them off the edge. I found one down there the other day that I didn't even know she dropped.


Melissa went to rescue it for her. Good thing Charlie has nice friends.


We played Wii Fit when Mel was here. Charlie parked her little behind right next to the board the whole time. It makes it a little hard to play some of the games when you might step on her. Wow - my feet look really weird in this picture. You can also see the stain on my carpet (no that is not from Charlie).


And this one is just cute. Her hair is always so light after getting groomed. Most of the black is gone.


She sat like this for probably 20 minutes. I found her out on the balcony staring at a squirrel. It's hard to see...look right over the top of her head. It's sitting on the brick wall.



  1. At least Melissa got in one picture!

  2. Deb - Your comment gave me a good laugh. Since I don't like to be in pictures, I can see I'll have nothing to fear when Ginner and Charlie are here. I have a feeling we'll be getting some Charlie and Susie pictures - mainly to show how much cuter Charlie is than Susie. Can't wait to see the dog cousins meet. Susie barked non-stop at the septic system repairman today. Look out Charlie girl.