Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beautiful Day!

I finally went to bed last night at 1:30 after spending 2 hours untying a knot that Charlie created. It took me forever! I was at my computer, minding my own business, when I turned around to see my yarn in the living room even though the scarf it was attached to was in the bedroom. So I spent all night rolling it into a ball. Not to mention redoing the rows she had pulled out. The little punk.

This morning Charlie and I went to Petsmart because her nails were incredibly long. This is the first really nice day we've been in the car, and Charlie has discovered her love of wind.

IMG_3329.JPG

When we stopped at a red light she noticed there were people next to us and turned into her whiny self. She didn't understand why she couldn't say hello. They got a good laugh out of it and so did I.

IMG_3328.JPG

As I was in petsmart I was chastised by an employee for not having my pup under control. She was right, but c'mon. So Charlie and I are starting our regime of improvement, which will include: not jumping on others, walking nicely, and not starting fights. Wow - she sounds like a bad dog when you put it all together like that. But I can already see her learning.

After coming back from our ride, she was pretty pooped and spend some quality time on the balcony while I finished NCIS.

IMG_3332.JPG

I love the spring. It's always welcome. I love wearing jeans and a t-shirt and being completely comfortable. I love cool evenings and campfires. I love the smell of mulch. I love the sunset in the backyard on a cool night. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I love cutting the grass. I'll have to take the mower hostage when I'm home some weekend and cut the ol' grass again. I don't think the old folks will mind ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, good pictures. Ya, I was thinking we need to have a spring cmap fire night some Friday. And the old folks don't mind you mowing some weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old folks in Illinois don't mind you mowing their 2 acres either!

    ReplyDelete