Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Untitled

I need to be in bed, but I'm putting it off - and I'm going to regret that when the alarm goes off at 5:15. Charlie and I have been spending a lot of time together. When I lived at home - she never cuddled. Now that I'm the only one to hang out with she can't help but cuddle with me. I was sitting on the floor working and she decided to cuddle.

IMG_3114

Thank you for the containers Culberts! It is perfect and I love it.

IMG_3124

This was my note to myself - I hate doing the dishes. And I like to put it off.

IMG_3127

See: I'm sure a good hostess never shares this info - but I'm doing this for a reason. Who would like to come to my apartment and clean my dishes?? Because I'm not doing it until I run out of plates. I used to do it til I ran out of spoons - but I only have 5 small spoons...so that plan didn't last long.

IMG_3133

This is what I get to see everyday as I open the frig. I get to see these little kiddies with I go home this weekend.

IMG_3128

Here is the kitty. I kinda miss him. I'll even admit that somtimes I call Charlie "kitty." Oops. She doesn't know - don't tell her.

IMG_3131

This is the oh-so-wonderful gift Esther got Charlie. I say it's for Charlie because it will keep her alive next week when I'm at school for 12 hours. It fits right under the microwave stand-thingy.

IMG_3135

Remember how I said Charlie likes to cuddle? Yeah - well here is how we spend our nights when I am working at my desk and she is tired. She sits and whines at me until I pick her up. Then she wants to get down - which is the signal for me to go to bed.

IMG_3145

I like that she cuddles.

5 comments:

  1. I loved this posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is when you wish you got one of the apartments that has a dishwasher in it! Ya, we have all done the pile in the sink until I don't have a clean dish. So, The Mom says, "If you get in the habit of doing them as you cook and right after you eat then your sink will stay empty." But, when have you girls ever listened to her!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, ya might want to explain what Esther gave Charlie since in the picture it looks like a toilet. And....in the last picture is Charlie checking your pit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - what is the Esther gift? It did look like a toilet seat. OK...here goes the "walked to school barefoot in the snow story" - but when I was first married (1979)I not only didn't have a dishwasher, I didn't have a SINK I could use or running water. I used to have to haul my water in 5 gallon containers, heat it on the stove, pour it in a basin and wash my dishes. Then I'd have to toss the water out into the yard afterwards. One time when we had a couple over for dinner, it took me 2 1/2 hours just to do the dishes. We lived that way in our little cabin in Fairbanks for about 1 1/2 years and then Lowell hooked up the water tank. About six months after we moved in I remember the day he
    hooked up a drain pipe to the sink I did have in the kitchen (but couldn't use) so I could pour my boiling water into it and then when done I could pull the plug and the water would drain out. It was like getting the greatest gift in the world. And now that everyone is asleep from boredom, or deeply moved by my Alaska saga, I'll sign off.

    ReplyDelete