Wednesday, January 28, 2009

She's still a dog

It almost feels like sometimes I forget that Charlie is a dog. I think that I can leave something on the ground and she won't destroy it. Or I think that she won't dig through the trash or pick up my socks.

Then it smacks me right in the face.


I had planned on having pancakes this morning. Then while I was doing the dishes I dropped the spatula on the floor and didn't pick it up right away. Halfway through the pile I realized Charlie wasn't hovering at my feet. I went to check on her and found her in the living room chewing on my one and only spatula. No pancakes for me.

While I was enjoying my time sleeping in I heard her chewing on something that was making a strange noise. I came out to find her chewing on a pepsi can...I don't know where she got it. I throw all of them in the recycle when I'm done with them. Especially after I came home to find one in pieces on the floor.

This is the thing that Auntie Sharon and Auntie Karen got me that grows grass hair. Nothing sprouting yet, but I'll keep you posted.


Charlie made her first yellow snow this morning. She didn't enjoy it too much though. The snow was covered with ice, but it would break as soon as she stepped on it. She didn't seem pleased with that. Look at those cute little prints.


I somewhat cleaned my car off while Charlie was sniffing around. There is a sheet of ice covering my entire car. I gave up trying to get it off my doors because I was worried about scratching the car. Charlie was enjoying the snow while I did all the hard work.



  1. You can always order a spatula on Amazon :-)

    Hey, I have some good projects for you! I am keeping Saturday for a learning to sew day so be ready.

  2. Susie HATES snow and ice and won't go out. This morning I forced her out in the ice/snow and she took so long to go down to her yard and do her thing, that her feet got too cold and she limped coming back. I had to wrap her feet in a blanket for a while and warm her up but she's recovered. Charlie is a much better snow dog than Susie! P.S. Can't wait to see some hair on your fireman! Wonder if it will really work.

  3. hey deb, i learned how to crochett! i just can't spell it...

    oh, and gin...raider loves snow. get a real dog! :-P