Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again...ouch

I've started exercising again. The fact that I even have to state that shows you how long it's been since I have worked out. I don't even wanna think about it. I used to be able to go for a 30 minute jog and it was no big deal - I'd be tired for sure, but it wasn't traumatic.

We are doing a Biggest Loser Pound for Pound challenge at school. Some of the teachers signed up and we are trying to lose weight. For every pound we lose, biggest loser donates 10 cents to a food organization - which equals out to a pound of food. Get it? Pound for Pound? Good.

I've been a horrible teammate so far. This started my first week of school so I wasn't terribly motivated but I wanted to be apart of something at school. I decided it was time to get my butt in gear.

It all started yesterday when I decided Charlie and I would go for a jog. She needs to lose weight too so I made her go with me to have a distraction from my ragged breathing. It started great. I felt good and Charlie was running too. Her run was more of a zig-zag pattern, but she was running. Then along the way we saw a lady with her two dogs talking to a woman with her child. They looked like they wanted to say hi so we went over.

The lady's wiener dog decided to flip out. Charlie and the hot dog got in a fight. Which I had to break up since the other lady just stood there holding her other dog that was also barking. In defense of my pooch I must say that it wasn't her fault. Charlie loves dogs so she went over to play and the other dog bit her right on the nose.

So as soon as I got Charlie off the other dog, we left and started jogging again. As we were leaving the woman holding the kid yells across the street "Looks like the dog is running you!" Thank you very much! It was very good natured - but had she known that this was my first jog in month she might have been more understanding.

Then I looked down to see Charlie just trotting along, not even running. Way to make me look bad dog! The least she could have done was run! Jerk. There I was all sweaty and red and Charlie was walking fast. We had to take 5 breaks along the way for Charlie to go potty. Four #1s and one #2. Sounds like some people I know.

I couldn't run today because of the gorgeous snow. So I didn't. We just took our walk. Then I felt guilty after eating junk food. So I told myself that if I found the workout DVD I'd blow up the ball and do the workout. Dang it, if I didn't find that DVD in 2 seconds. After 20 minutes of listening to that pump squeak like a kiddy toy, I was finally ready.

Have you ever tried to work out with a dog licking your face? If she wasn't chasing the ball or growling at it - she was licking my face, my hands, or my feet. There is a part where you lift the ball while doing squats and junk - Charlie thought I was playing with her so she kept standing up and biting the ball. After all the work I did to blow it up I would have been really angry if she popped it (but my butt and abs would have thanked her). If she wasn't licking me she was bringing me toys and dropping them at my feet, where I would conveniently trip over them.

I'll have to get used to it I guess. I don't know about you guys, but I'm praying for a snow day tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Good one. I hope we have a snow day tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete