Thursday, November 6, 2008

I know...

I'm a huge bore. I haven't posted anything in weeks. Eek! Mainly because I'm annoyed that I cannot post pictures...which is the main component of all the posts I had planned. Then as something would happen and I would think "I need to take a picture of this for my blog," I would become overwhelmed with sadness. Then I would crawl into bed, cuddle with Charlie, and weep. Ok - that's almost all true. In all honesty, Charlie doesn't cuddle. EVER.

Our old, beautiful morning routine was shattered weeks ago when I started teaching. I don't know if it was her way of boycotting me or she just doesn't like to cuddle, but it stinks. Now our morning routine works a little differently.

I get up first, after hitting snooze 3 times. Then, before I grab my towel and head for the shower, I put Charlie under the covers. I know, she's spoiled, but I think she freezes at night. She normally sleeps pretty stretched out, but at night when I have the windows open and the fan on - she curls up like a ball. She tucks her nose as far into her belly as possible.

My second observation that tells me she might be pretty cold is the fact that her normally burning belly is cold. So I lift her up and tuck her under the covers, and she immediately stretches out. Then I go take my shower and when I come back she is in the same position I left her in.

So that is the story of my life. Get up, pamper Charlie, go to school, come home, play with Charlie, and go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to get Charlie some kind of little sheep skin rug to put in her crate at night. I'm worried now that you said she might be cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your routine. i can't wait to have a similar one. except mine won't involve going to school. but believe you me, it will involve spoiling, i mean excessively loving, a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete