Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's time - I think

Since there are far too many pictures for one post I'll be seperating it into three stages. Charlie, Charlie, and Fall Festival. Kidding! Charlie, Culbert Kiddies, and Fall Festival. Nope - that won't work. I've got it - Pumpkins, Applesauce, and In-between's. I feel as though that last category is appropriate because it is part of the title of this blog. I'm going to start with the Pumpkins section because I got lots of good pumpkin photos.

The first step to our awesome pumpkin making happened Friday night - we went to Weaver's and picked out our pumpkins. I made sure that we got a picture with each kid and their pumpkin.

Fall Fest 047

Fall Fest 039

Fall Fest 042

Fall Fest 037

Fall Fest 043

Fall Fest 034

Fall Fest 049

While we were there Cricket decided to make friends with the local goat. Yes, it is backing away from her as she fake kissed it.

Fall Fest 060

Then we headed back home for some chili and hang out time. Don't worry Mike - I won't post that picture of you playing Annie's violin with Tommy's shorts on your head.

After all the applesauce making and clean-up. It was finally time to carve pumpkins. I think Cricket, Char, Lauren, and I took it more seriously than all the kids. We were the last ones at the table carving.

Fall Festival 106

I drew a bat for Lukey and I figured he'd be cutting it out so you wouldn't be able to see how poorly I drew it. But about 30 minutes later I heard Lukey say "I'm giving it eyes!" That was my first clue that he wouldn't be carving it out. The second was when he said "I gave it a bellybutton!" But then I checked later and saw he carved out the body - and that was the only thing in his whole pumpkin that he cut out.

Fall Festival 108

I don't think Leia really cared about her pumpking. I'm pretty sure she was just thrilled to be handed a Sharpie. She didn't get much of a design on her pumpkin - but somehow she ended up with a perfect heart cut out of it.

Fall Festival 109

Emily did a spectacular job cutting out her pumpkin. She didn't need any help from anyone. I loved hers - she didn't carve out the whole design so it looks like Larry from Veggietales.

Fall Festival 114

I think Annie was the first one done - I had just finished drawing my design and I look up and there she is posing with her pumpkin. She definitely has the record for fastest pumpkin carver.

Fall Festival 115

Tommy started out with good intensions, "I'm making a hole!" Then he ended up with a helmet. That might be the best pumpkin helmet I have ever seen.

Fall Festival 129

I had to put the camera on a box and use the timer to take the picture so the shutter could stay open without me shaking. It turned out really cool because the light that is there looks even more intense than it really was. Left to right: Annie, Leia, Emily, Tommy, and Lukey's is behind Tommy's (oops).

Fall Festival 140

Now for the rest of us. From left to right: Charlotte, Me, Lauren, Esther, and Cricket.

Fall Festival 136

This was cricket's first time carving a pumpkin and I'd say it turned out pretty darn sweet. She drew the tree all by herself. Char cut out the Seatle Sky line - I think somebody might be a tad bit excited about moving.

Stay tuned for the next exciting entry - Applesauce Schmapplesauce, We Own that Crank

ps...Have you seen Char's new hair? It's awesome. Oh, see that little piece of paper she is holding? That is the recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds. "I didn't have any paper."

Fall Festival 016

No comments:

Post a Comment