Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Festival

Last year we called it Applesauce Day, but things have changed a bit. It's not just about applesauce anymore - it's about carmel apples, candy apples, pumpkin seeds, carving pumpkins, and a bonfire.

To say that I'm excited would pretty much be the understatement of the century. I'm overjoyed. Not only with this be a fun filled day with family, but it also marks the end of my first placement!

It's a huge milestone - This means that I'll have a whole weekend without lessons to write - this means that I'm halfway done the semester - which means I'm halfway to graduation - which means I'm almost a teacher - which means I'm almost unemployed. Wait a sec, that took a turn for the worse. How did that happen?

Anywho. Here are the plans for the festivities. Friday night will involve pumpkin picking and apple buying (and cleaning the garage). Also - I'm pretty sure we'll be having a sleepover that night as well. Which will be easier for Mike and Kelly because then they can actually get ready without kids under their feet. And I have a feeling Charlie won't be sleeping in my room that night - with her five favorite kids in the house I'm sure I won't be able to pry her away.

Saturday will hold the real action. Applesauce making starts early in the morning at 9 - ok, maybe not early, but early enough. Then we'll move on to candy/carmel apple making. I'm sure by that time we are gonna need some food, naps, and veg time - So Antonio's here we come!

Note to self: Set up Wii for the Wii King.

IMG_2135

Then after vegging out for a good 5 hours, the pumpkin carving will ensue and a bonfire won't be too far behind. It's going to be an all day event with lots of friends and family.

I'm very, very excited. I can't wait til Friday.

ps. 57 days until Graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment