Friday, September 19, 2008

It is 5:30 yet?

I've never been so overwhelmed in my life. I left school yesterday an emotional mess. I got all of my assignments in health until the day I leave. It was exhausting just to listen to and I'm feel like I'm in over my head.

Let's just say I knew I was feeling like an emotional mess when as I'm recounting my day to Cricket - I wanted to cry.

As a PE teacher, when you make lesson plan it will last for a few days. For example, my first lesson plan for soccer will last until Tuesday. But it's not like that for health. I need new lesson plans everyday for 2 classes. That's ten lessons a week - now - that might not seem like much. But as a new, first time, rookie teacher - I feel lost.

I taught my first two lessons today in gym and they felt like a breeze. I'm comfortable and confident in gym class. I even made my 6th graders park their little butts for 5 beautifully silent minutes because they wouldn't listen to me. Not gonna lie - I had to keep myself from smiling the whole time. You gotta be a meanie on the first day or they'll walk all over you. but that's gym and gym is easy - health is very difficult, challenging, and scary at times.

All I want right now is for it to be 5:30pm. Because when it's 5:30pm - that means I'll be at home, with Charlie, laying in bed, catching up on the 3 1/2 hours of precious sleep that I missed last night...and the night before that....and the night before that.

So is it Friday yet? Not to mention - I wouldn't mind having my rents back. I know Switzerland is cool and all - but PA has "mountains" too. And - even better - I'm in PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment