Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Don't do DAT

So far, school has been, well - boring. It is going to take us awhile to get started. But once we get started - we really get started. I thought I would be able to ease my way into teaching. Nope. I was wrong. When we start teaching I'll be taking over and teaching 2 units that I am currently planning myself. eek.

Lucky for me - I get to plan a field hockey unit and a cooperative games unit. Very exciting!

Health has been a little intimidating for me. I'm jumping right into planning a unit (as opposed to one lesson) and I'll be teaching next week. Once again - EEK! Health is nerve wracking for me because we don't get a lot of practice in health at school.

So far so good.

Oh, and if you are wondering what "Don't do DAT" is supposed to mean - well I'll tell you. There is a banner hanging in the gym and it really stands out because every other banner is blue, and there is only one black banner. Across the top in large letters it says "Don't do DAT." Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco. I stare at it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment