Sunday, June 1, 2008

Birthday Fun

We celebrated the birth of two of my favorite kiddies today. Tommy turned 6 on May 22nd, and Liea turned 2 today! No matter how many times we tried to tell her she was two, she just didn't seem to get it.

Me: "Leia, how old are you?"
Leia: "I n'know" ("I don't know" in Leia speak)
Me: "You're two!"
Leia: "Two"
Me: "Leia, how old are you?"
Leia: "I n'know"

To celebrate their birthdays Kelly put a wonderful picnic together at French Creek. It was a gorgeous day out so Dad and Frank rode their bikes there. Oh yeah, for those of you that don't know - Frank just got a bike, er, motorcycle. It's pretty sweet. So whenever there is a helmet around, a kid is bound to put it on.


It makes me laugh so hard. They look like bobble heads, it looks even funnier from far away. Here is some of the crew hanging out, and there is our little bobble head.


Tommy got some really neat stuff for his birthday. Everything fit his personality perfectly. He's a big six year old now, ya know.


Leia loved her presents too, but we had a hard time getting her to open them. She had a water balloon in one hand and a lollipop in the other.


She liked my sunglasses so I had her try them on. They kept slipping off her little nose, so I had her tip her chin up - she took it to the extreme, but they stayed on.


No offense Leia, but they look better on me.


More birthday pictures later, for now, we have more important business to get too. The last time I spoke to Bodil (the lady I'm getting my dog from) she said that they were expecting the litters to be born in early May. Since I haven't heard from her in awhile I thought I'd better give her a call and see how things were going.

She is so sweet. I couldn't have found a nicer person to get my puppy from. She had two bitches that would be giving birth in May. I had been hoping and praying that I would be able to get a dog from the earliest litter. I had also been hoping and praying that I would be able to get a female.

When I called tonight Bodil said "Well I have one question for you." She said that the first litter of 2 puppies was born May 3rd, and the second litter of 5 puppies was born May 23rd. Then she asked "Would you like a puppy from the first or second litter?" Amen. I'll take the first litter please! Maybe I was just the first person to call, but I really didn't think I would get a choice.

Just to make sure - I asked her that it was a female - ya know, just to make sure, because science isn't too the point when you can dictate the sex of the puppy, thankfully. It is a female. The first litter were both females, and there were four females in the second litter. Amen. Once again, maybe I was just the first person to call, but I really didn't think I'd have a choice. She knew my preference, but you never know. They could have had all males.

God just completely put everything together. Completely. Everything is happening the best possible way it could. Mom and I still need to discuss when, but soon we will be going to see the puppies. I feel like a six year old - I'm so giddy.

Let the count down being people. Oh, I forgot to tell you when. June 26th. Mark it on your calendar. I did.


Don't worry Auntie Karen, I am definitely taking pictures of my puppy when I go to meet her. It'll be our first meeting, and I need to document it.


  1. Yay good for you a dog!

    ps you smell


  2. Since I'm on vacation in Alaska still, I haven't had a chance to keep up on Xangas. But I just read your latest and YIPPEE for June 26th. Can't wait to see your new little hairy kid. You hate to wish your summer away but I'm sure you can't wait for the end of June. I'm looking forward to seeing Susie again next Monday...can you believe it?