Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ugh, Rainbow Bulb

The dreaded rainbow light bulb has followed me around for centuries. This light first entered our house, well, I really have no idea when we first got it, but I can tell you that I hate it.


I haven't always hated the rainbow light bulb. In fact, there was once a bright time in my life when the rainbow light bulb and I were true friends. We hung out. We were chums. But now? No, no longer are the dreaded rainbow light bulb and I friends.


Mainly because this light bulb gave off no light. All it did was shoot color throughout my room. I'm not sure it was even powerful enough to "shoot" light - it was more like "drizzle." Anyway. The story with the rainbow light bulb is that it once belonged to Char many, many years ago. Somehow I ended up with the lamp in my room - the lamp in which the dreaded rainbow light bulb was residing. Actually, I'm pretty sure I stole the lamp. Can you blame me? I had no idea then that I would grow to despise this light bulb.

But don't worry - I threw it away. It felt good and I'm not ashamed to admit it.


For some reason, I just never got around to changing the bulb. There was never an absolute need. Once this lamp became my reading lamp - the need to change the bulb was dire. I couldn't read with red, yellow, green, and blue shining all over the pages of Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy just wasn't as attractive under a green light or the writing as romantic. The nasty shade wasn't attractive either.


And can I just say - changing the bulb has made me feel so much better. It feels like a new beginning, a fresh start, a clean light. I even got a new lamp shade from walmart because the other one was literally falling apart.


To celebrate my new, clean light bulb I'm going to go crawl into my nice, clean bed and read my lovely, worn copy of Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth is finally starting to see the error of her ways and I can barely hold in my excitement when I read.

Before I go, one more thing. Though our ladybug infestation is over, I still find them all over the place. They just keep popping up and have decided that they are not going to leave me alone. Even if they are dead.


1 comment:

  1. Hey I loved that lightbulb- Cat and Jer got it for me: ) I can't believe you threw it away, I would have taken it back you poo. So anyways, hey there.