Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Special Exhibit

On our last tour we looked at how our subject worked to clean the room. This time through I would like to focus your attention on the shoes. The inhabitant of this room has a great amount of them and she apparently likes to leave them all over the place. On our tour today we will look at a great variety of shoes and their function in the life of the wearer. Please hold all questions until the end.

As on any regular tour, we will start at the beginning. As we enter the room you will see to the right a pair of very cute peep-toe heels (Number 1). These shoes are a favorite of the dweller, though they are slightly uncomfortable.

The next pair of shoes you will see to the left (Number 2) are the mocs. These shoes were worn to speech class today so that, even though the class is incredibly boring, the wearer would still have some measure of comfort.

In the upper right hand corner you will see the most popular shoe on our tour (Number 3). This pair is worn everyday, so there is no point in putting them in the closet.

IMG_1589 copy

In our next section of the tour we will be looking at the most densily populated area of the room, at least as far as shoes go.

Take a look at the slippers (Number 4). These slippers were a Christmas gift in 2004 and have been traveling with the owner ever since. She is actually wearing them right now.

I'd like to draw your attention to the running shoes (Number 5). These shoes are used for all sorts of activities, except running. But that will soon change.

Our last pair will remain a visual mystery, though I promise you they are there. The last pair are turf shoes (Number 6). These were used last during an intramural hockey game, and were put right back into the bag. We are not going to attempt to open the bag because we are unsure of the smell that will be released.

IMG_1585 copy

This concludes our tour of the "Busy College Student's Room". If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can visit our gift shop on the way out where you can find everything from pens to broken calculators.

Alright, I know, a little dramatic. But I realized tonight that I have shoes all over the place! I do the same thing at home, but here it's so much more obvious. At home there's a pair in the basement, the kitchen, the living room, and the hallway upstairs. But at least having such a small room helps me to find them easier instead of always having to ask Mom.

Also, Dad comes home this weekend!


  1. I am glad that you stayed up till midnight to post that :) It was an excellent read and a great way to start the day! Thanks, GinnahBug!

    p.s. I see I have to do one of those word verification things yet again...I say go back to Xanga (just kidding! seriously)

  2. You made me laugh outloud at 7:30 a.m. when I read this...quite an accomplishment for a non-morning person.

  3. I must say that I also was very entertained by your blog post.

    I'm glad to hear the running shoes will be used for running soon. I ran 2.5 miles yesterday so you better get started!

  4. Dude my shoes are spread out all over the place...locker room...closet...area around closet...doorway...dresser...bed...and I even have one of those convenient shoe hanging organizers for your door...lazy? maybe. okay yes.

  5. In regards to number 5....they are at the bottom of the stairs :-). Had fun last night. Shopping with you and Char together is an experience! The Mom