Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ode to a Four Year Old

From previous posts I'm sure many of you know there are 5 kids in my life that I cannot live without. Over the years I have had the great opportunity to laugh and learn with the kiddies. They have made me smile every time I see them. I must admit that I have become particularly attached to one of the little guys. You know, the one with the dimples. Now I'm not saying I have favorites, but I am saying that this kid makes my heart melt. When he flashes that big grin my way, well, my insides just crumble.

So this is my Ode to a Four Year Old. Since I am not at all good at poem writing, and since the definition of ode is "a poem intended to be sung," I am going to cheat. I know, I know, cheating is wrong. Blah, blah, blah. Hence forth you will be seeing lyrics that represent my feelings about my dimpled buddy. These lyrics were generously donated by the courtesy of other, more creative writers.

I am moody, messy
I get restless, and it's senseless
How you never seem to care


I found a boy who had a dream
Making everyone smile
He was sunshine
I fell over my feet

Picture 071 copy

I don't care about expensive things
Cashmere coats, or diamond rings
Don't mean a thing
All I care about is love

IMG_3542 copy

And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute
Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do
Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true
Cause you can see it when I look at you

m136280320[1] copy

When you dream there's a chance you'll find
A little laughter
or happy ever after

February 25 2007 025 copy

tonight ill dream, in my bed
while silly thoughts, run through my head
of the bugs, and alphabet
and when i wake tomorrow ill bet
you and I will walk together again
cause i can tell that we are gonna be friends
yes i can tell that we are gonna be friends

No comments:

Post a Comment