Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life in Black and White

Basically what I've been doing for the past weeks is browsing through pictures I have on my computer and picking the ones I think I can improve. Then I head over to photoshop and get crackin. Lately I've been trying some black and white. It's harder than I thought it was going to be. Way harder actually.

I must admit, the pictures that I pick are mainly of the kiddies. But seriously, if I'm going to have to stare at the picture for hours, might as well pick a cute face. I was working with a picture of Leia today and realized something. She has grown a lot. For such a skinny, little thing that comment isn't all true I guess. But her face has changed a lot.

This is a picture of Leia from almost a year ago, it was when we had Esther and Charlotte's joing birthday party in April. She had darker hair and a cute, little, pudgy face.

leia jamies copy

Not so much anymore, I mean she is still really cute, but there is no more dark hair and no more pudgy Leia. She's gotten taller and skinnier. Here she is doing what she does best: playing with her hair and sucking on her fingers. This was from the first day of school this year. So not too long after the original picture. It's crazy how much she has grown.

first day of school07f copy

While I was on my black and white kick I decided to attack a family photo. It's really hard to get the right balance while trying to make it look soft and clean. It's really hard.

February 25 2007 149 copy copy

As far as the rest of my day goes? yeah, nothing. Nothing happened today, except...I went dog shopping...online. I looked up breeders and emailed several kennels and the head of the Border Terrier Breed Referral from the AKC. So hopefully that will all start moving. I even emailed a breeder. So I figured if they don't email me back in a few days I'll start making some phone calls and lay down the law. I'm on a mission people.

No comments:

Post a Comment