Monday, April 14, 2008

Ladybugs

I hate ladybugs. They are everywhere! In my bed, on the floor, on my clothes, on my pillows, on the light, and on the air conditioner. I think the ladybug head honcho had a meeting with all the ladybugs in the world and decided that they were too spread out. They needed a more centralized location. Somewhere that would give them access to all sorts of goodies and keep them together. I wish I could have been a ladybug at that meeting...it probably went something like this:


Ladybug Head Honcho: "We Ladybugs need to stick together. We need to make our presence known in this world!"
Every Other Ladybug in the World: "YEAH!"
Ladybug Head Honcho: "We need to pick a place where we can really annoy the crap outta some people so they know who we are!"
Every Other Ladybug in the World: "YEAH!"
Obnoxious Ladybug: "I know a great place in eastern PA. They have this daughter that really hates us. Why not move there?"
Every Other Ladybug in the World:"YEAH!"
Ladybug Head Honcho: "That sounds like a great idea. We can split up all the jobs to make sure we have a ladybug in every location in the house. Let's fly!"


I mean seriously, I'm not even overreacting. They are everywhere. I have gotten in the habit now of checking my entire bed before I go to sleep. I check the sheets, the blankets, and even under the pillows. As I write this, I swear one is crawling on me somewhere. They are in every crevice of our house, and I have proof.

This is the door jam of the bathroom. As you can see, there is a Ladybug squished in the door.

IMG_1591copy

Of course, I was so busy documenting this monstosity that I forgot to get rid of the Ladybug. Oops. But that's beside the point. The real point is that we have an infestation of Ladybugs. It needs to end, and it needs to end now.

In other news, I went to target today to buy Jess a birthday present. Everytime I got to a store that has a pet section, I have to walk by it angrily knowing that I don't need anything from that section. But today is a new day, and today I stayed in that section for a good 10 minutes perusing the merchandise. I picked out a matching collar and leash, dish bowls, and a nice, cushy bed. But don't worry, I didn't buy anything. It's a little too soon for that. I was just glad I got to enjoy the perusing. It was a first time for me, and I can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I get the hint. I will call the bug guy to spray the house this year :-). I'm sick of them too.

    ReplyDelete