Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'll take an extra super knee please!

It's been a long day. Actually, it's been one of the most rewarding days in a long time. I'm not exactly sure why though. Maybe it's because I didn't stop moving from 9am until 11pm. Maybe it's because I planned/taught my first day of Field Hockey Club at Honey Brook. Maybe it's because on top of it all, I worked for 5 hours.

Nah, that's definitely not it.

The most rewarding this about today was the result. I always learn a lot when I'm with Mrs. Heller, always. I learn something new every day and class. I get to try and fail, and try again. We were outside all afternoon enjoying the weather. After teaching all afternoon, I got to teach my favorite thing...field hockey. I had my first day of club and it went well. It was a little chaotic and it went really fast, but it was a lot of fun.

I told you the best part of my day was the result, right? Wanna know what that result is? A good burn. My first good burn of the summer. What makes this burn feel so good? The fact that I got this burn while teaching. The fact that I got this burn doing what I love. It's gonna look great when I show up to aquatics with a farmer tan and collared-shirt-tan-lines, but I'll be proud. I'll hold my red face high.

Today I was in the sun from noon to 4:30 and it was amazing. The kids were great and we only had one bee sting.

I'm completely/absolutely/incredibly exhausted and my legs hurt like nothing else. And I've never felt so good. It's a great feeling when fatigue and a good burn is the result of a long, hard day. Can't wait to do it again next week.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, any mention of farmer tan makes me smile. So awesome. Yes, it is a real cd. We have one song from it on I-tunes, and Frank made me listen to it while I was updating, then made me put it up as the currently listening. I was against it, but then I gave in. Also, for you and mom....first reason of no house photos: house is not clean. Second reason: no natural light. I can't take a good house photo at night because the flash goes off and ruins the pic. I will attempt some today since I have off work. Ta-Da.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me excited to get burnt while teaching haha

    ReplyDelete